Hey guys! It’s Throwbook Thursday time! Today we’re doing one book each. Hope you like ‘em!
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Just the first one this time! I mean the whole series is great but we’ll go with the first one. I don’t want to push an entire series on you guys. I thought about this book today since I’ve been talking so much about The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices. I thought I’d stick with the Nephilim theme. If you follow my personal book blog you’ll know that I love all things Nephilim or Angel like. So then why do I recommend this book to you guys?
- It has a really interesting plot! I mean really and when you think you know what’s about to happen next it turns out you didn’t. Plot twists!
- Great characters. Some scarier than others.
- A lot of interesting elements. This book deals with the Nephilim race in an entirely different way than say TMI or the Sweet Series.
- It has Nephilim. Duh. *whispers* You know you love them.
- PATCH CIPRIANO! ❤
So yes, that’s about it. I realize it sounds totally lame and that’s just ‘cause I honestly can’t remember everything. It’s been like three years since I read the first book! But I do remember loving it. In fact, I’m pretty sure it’s on my favorites shelf on Goodreads. There aren’t a lot of books on that shelf mind you. There are less than 15 books on that list. So that’s my pick!
Ok, I took a completely different route than Kayla did. My pick is I never fancied him anyway by Claudia Carroll. It is a proper chick-flick type of book that made me so happy when I read it. I usually don’t read romance books, but I have a very special love affair with Claudia Carroll, which started in 2008 when I spent three weeks in Dublin (Carroll is Irish). So, why should you read this book?
- Amazing and funny plot. It gets you hooked from page one and doesn’t let up until the final page.
- Wickedly good characters. There is someone for everyone to love, and if you don’t love Cassie (main-c) there is something wrong with you.
- Paranormal element. Cassie is psychic. No, not the fake type that uses a crystal ball, but a real one (well, fictional real one).
- It is a feel good book. Perfect for the summer when you are lying on the beach or chilling in a park.
- The element of romance is there, but it is not the only focus, which is awesome.
So that’s my pick. Two very different books, but both are very good (well, I haven’t read Hush Hush).
We hope you enjoyed this weeks Throwbook Thursday!
Kayla & Erika