Hi guys, it’s Top Ten Tuesday time! I know I suck at actually doing these each week but I do them when I remember them, haha. Anyway, this is going to be a list of book series I want to quit and other bookish things I want to quit because I couldn’t just choose one! Here goes!
- GOOGLE – I need to stop googling characters before I’ve read all the books because I spoil myself. Throne of Glass wikia ruined my life, basically.
- Read reviews – Just. Stop. Doing. It. I’ll check ratings, sure, but I need to stop with the spoilery reviews.
- HYPE – I always have such high hopes when it comes to hyped books and I usually end up disappointed.
- Throne of Glass – Yes, I’m thinking of abandoning this series. At least for now. I’m just not interested. I’m currently *trying* to read Heir of Fire and I’m just not feeling it. Plus my god damn ship got blown to smithereens and my heart along with it. I’m not abandoning it forever, I’m just taking a break from all the shipwrecking going on. I think I shall try and finish HoF and see where it leads.
- ARCs – ARCs are not everything. Even if it feels like it. And what I need to do is stop requesting ARCs just because they sound somewhat interesting. I’ve read soooo many bad ones and I end up with a gazillion ones to read and review and it just stresses me out!
- Buying books – Okay, it’s not like I’m gonna stop buying books but from here on out I’m on a book buying ban. I have too many books just waiting to be read and that’s not even considering my eARCs and my eBooks. So I’m not gonna buy any new books for a few months at least.
- Fanfiction – Basically this is the same as with Google. Don’t read fanfiction of a book series before you’ve finished that series. This is the reason I still haven’t read Allegiant. I thought that I needed some more Tris and Four smooching but I ended up with the worst spoiler imaginable! So this is now a big NO, NO!
- Mortal Instruments – I’m abandoning this too. At least for now. It’s not that I don’t love the books because I do! Maybe a bit too much? With this series I’ve also gotten spoiled so I know what’s gonna happen so I just feel like it’s all sooooo slow. Do you know what I mean?
So there you have it! Any thoughts on what I’ve said? Do you hate me for abandoning two of the most popular YA series ever? Let me know in the comments!